I love going to picnics where the host cares about the environment, and where I can steal some ideas from. Here is what I have found in my few participation’s in a green summer BBQ’s.
Decorations – we must start with eco friendly decorations, use natural fiber umbrellas to shield your guest, use anything natural from the garden for streamers and center pieces, string flowers together to make streamers.
Flatware – Use reusable picnic ware, go green and eco friendly.
Invitations – Spare some trees and send invitations via email, no paper is used for that at all, your guest can RSVP via the internet.
Food – The menu must be as organic as possible, go to a local natural food store, or if you are lucky enough to have a friend with a farm you can negotiate some natural fresh chicken and fresh vegetables, but if not you can definitely get fresh vegetables and organically grown poultry. Now for the beverage, who doesn’t love lemonade on a hot summer day, use fresh natural lemons and make organic lemonade, and buy organic wine and beer.
Grilling – If you want to grill, try wood coals, and use chimney charcoal starter, and all you need to get this going is newspaper and a match, no messy fluid and lighter, and it is healthier for the environment, green, eco friendly cooking and grilling.
Insect repellent – Try using soy citronella candles, and pure essential oil based repellents, help your guest to enjoy they’re green, eco friendly summer BBQ in piece, you can also provide small samples for party favors, your guest will love you.
Money Saving Tips – use household items to create the décor, for example save the tissue rolls and let the kids color them and paint them , join them with some yarn and you have homemade streamers. Take a used egg carton and make them into miniature flower pots to use as center pieces. Take some old curtains you have laying around the house and twist them to make garland and decorate the inside or outside, you can also use this for insect guards, or a shading tool. If you have any extra scarfs or hats around the house, offer them to your guest they will see that you care.
Amazon marketplace has some of the most adorable, reasonably priced flatware, so go check it out and get your party on.
- Set of 6 Eco-Friendly, Sturdy, Stackable and Reusable Dinner Plates made of Organic Bamboo, packed...
- Excellent for any type of meal- breakfast, lunch or dinner. Heavy duty and robust, it is often used...
- Once harvested, bamboo can replenish itself within a year and some species grow a whopping 4 feet...
- BPA-free and Melamine Free Plastic
- Durable for everyday use
- Measures 10"L x 10"W x 0.88"H
- Package included:3pcs tableware set
- Material:made of high quality wheat straw,starch ;Color:blue
- Size:the chopstick:18cm/7inch;the spoon:16cm/6.3inch; the fork:15.5cm/6.1inch
- Set of 4 colorful trays
- Microwave safe, perfect substitute for paper or plastic, disposable dinnerware
- BPA and Melamine free product
- Reusable bamboo utensils made from sustainably harvested bamboo
- Lightweight, strong and long-lasting and won't impart or absorb flavors
- Carrycase made from recycled plastic bottles (PET)