Yes, you can grow with basic LED strip lights, but the yield will be negatively impacted. There are very good alternatives that don’t cost the earth. Cannabis plants are a sure thing for any gardener. Regardless if you’re new to gardening or a professional, a cannabis plant is something that everyone should grow. If you do your research and practice the right techniques, you will harvest delicious bud that smells and tastes like heaven. This guide will walk you through the basic steps on how to grow cannabis with LEDs.
Growing your own cannabis indoors is an incredibly rewarding experience. You can fully customize your grow, and it’s much more complex than simply sticking some seeds in a small pot of dirt and watering them! If you’re ready to learn how, continue reading. Over 8,000 chemicals can be found in cannabis, 104 of those chemicals are called cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are unique to cannabis and have effects on the brain and body.
Besides the obvious, there are many uses of cannabis. For instance, cannabis can be used to make tissue paper, rope and string. Not to mention that it is also used for recreational and medical purposes as well. We are a blog that gives you an insight into the cannabis industry. Cannabis refers to the female plants of the Cannabis Sativa plant. You commonly recognize these plants for their characteristic buds. The cannabis plant is famous for producing flowers that are used for medicinal, recreational and spiritual purposes.
The intoxicating buds of these female cannabis plants are harvested and dried. When properly cured they produce the rich and alluring marijuana that has an impressive effect on people. Female cannabis flowers have the most potent active ingredients in pot, including THC and CBD. It’s these flowers that are harvested, dried and cured to produce usable marijuana.
It’s hard for people to find good quality cannabis, this is why I started growing my own. Learning how to grow weed indoors using LED grow lights really helped me out when I was looking for high-quality medicine at a low cost. I believe it’s time for the cannabis industry to take a giant leap into the future which includes embracing LED technologies to help us grow the highest quality and most potent cannabis products possible.
What are LED grow lights?
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are quickly catching up to conventional high-pressure sodium (HPS) lights in the growing scene. Two years ago, I hadn’t even considered LED grow lights. But now, after using them for almost a year, they’re all that I use.
LED lighting technology has been in the market since the mid 70’s but lagged behind other technologies for several decades. The problems were that the color quality, intensity, and overall system design was below average and could not be used in a growing environment. Recent advancements in microchip technology have allowed LED lights to compete with high pressure sodium grow lights in comparison to electricity cost, heat and light spectrum.
Warning: When you choose to grow with a state of the art HIP grow light kit, you’re spending your hard earned money on equipment that works and produces like any other high end grow light. Many LED growers have been misled by shady retailers who push LED grow light kits that don’t produce very well.
If you’re just starting out growing soil, hydroponic or aeroponic cannabis, you will have a few options available to you, but I think the most appealing option right now (and for the foreseeable future) is LED lights. There are tons of systems out there, so it can be hard to figure out what to get. In this article, I review several different LED grow light kits and help you narrow it down to the best one for your needs.
Benefits of LED lighting?
- You can use it for 50,000 to 100,000 hours before it needs to be replaced.
- LEDs put out light that is of a higher energy and shorter wavelength than other forms of light. Cannabis plants use some of these wavelengths for photosynthesis.
- LED panels generate a small amount of heat, so they’re completely safe for you and your family. While they use much less electricity than some other types of lights.
- Stealth Grow LED lights are a perfect lighting solution for the small space grower. With the low heat generated by these lights you won’t need to vent your grow space like you would with HID systems.
- LED grow light technology has arrived! Cutting edge spectrum’s dual band LED grow lights give you the ability to control the spectral output of your light to match flowering and vegetative stages.
Disadvantages of LED lighting?
- LEDs don’t usually perform as well as HIDs. I’ve seen too many growers using LED grow lights to realize that they are not always better than HID lights. While there is a bit of an investment, HIDs have the ability to produce more potent plants.
- LED grow lights can help you get the best yields possible. However, sometimes they can be a bit strong and hot. You’ll want to start your plants at a distance from your LEDs until they get used to them, then bring it closer. This will give you more control over the light of your plants, optimizing their growth.
- Selecting the right LED grow lights is a daunting task due to the large variety of products on the market. However, I’ve reviewed most of the best-selling units on the market today and have found a few high quality lights that are suitable for most types of grow operations.
- Even though LED lights are somewhat more expensive upfront, we believe that once you factor in setup cost to your budget, the energy savings will help pay for your initial investment and you’ll enjoy spectacular results.
LED Grow lights have allowed me to produce TOP-quality bud, while saving money. I can produce organic medicine at a fraction of the cost. It’s all about loving your plants and not getting overwhelmed with all of the options out there.
You can expect a decrease in yield when growing with LEDs, but it’s nothing to complain about at all. I get the same amount of bud with LEDs as I did with HIDs. If you paid me, I couldn’t go back. It’s just so easy and no need to alter your lights during vegetation or flowering.
No matter how much you want it, only cheap LED won’t do. Make sure you do your research on where to buy LED and don’t get scammed into buying a sub-par LED system. LED Grow Lights are going to help you get the best quality grow and save you money in the process. We’ve done all the research, so you don’t have to!
When it comes to growing marijuana, you’re going to need the best lights for your money. The cost of a bad light system is easily thousands of dollars and the cost of using cheap lights is the frustration and lost time that come with trying to get everything just right. You deserve the best and LED grow lights will produce the highest yields. I personally tested over 20 different brands/types of grow lights. Learn more about some of the best grow lights here.
There are so many bulbs out there. From halogen to high-intensity discharge, it can be confusing to decide what light works best for your growing needs. There is much less heat generated with LED and they use about 80% less energy than HID lighting. In addition, LEDs have a longer lifespan than other lighting options, making them more affordable in the long run.
Here’s a breakdown of what I use to grow cannabis in. All of these items can be purchased separately in your local stores (some online) at an affordable price. I recommend purchasing all of these items because they only cost around $200 bucks! You can easily grow your own cannabis with the help of this guide. This will save you hours of failed attempts, loads of money and lots of frustration.